CONDO FOR SALE ON BEAUTIFUL OKALOOSA ISLAND, FL
Few places can capture the magic of the Emerald Coast and the beaches off Okaloosa Island. This lovely condo at Gulf Dunes does. Sited in a prime location in the building to afford the most breathtaking coastline views, this condo exudes beachy charm and embodies an eminently livable floor plan and effortless style. This condo rents like a more expensive 3 bedroom because in addition to 2 spacious bedrooms, it also has a bunk room!
Amenities at Gulf Dunes:
- 425 Ft. of Gulf Front
- 2 Swimming Pools (one seasonally heated)
- Tennis Courts
- BBQ area
- Exercise Room
- Private Parking Space
View MORE DETAILS and MORE PHOTOS of this
On the west end, you will find a large selection of condos, resorts, eating establishments, service businesses, and beach parks. The mid section of the island is the hub of activity, including:
- Boardwalk with a large parking lot
- Public beach entrance
- Showers and restrooms
- Fishing pier
- Beach shopping
- Water sports
- Water park
- Boat ramp
The west end of the island (toward Destin) consists mostly of long sandy beaches with protected dunes, several beach accesses and gulf side parks. Here you will also find the Coast Guard station, Eglin Officers club with beachside facilities and parking lot (not open to the public), and a unpaved public parking lot at the base of the Destin bridge. Be sure to bring your snorkeling gear, boogies boards, surfboards and windsurfing gear. Water recreation equipment and beach service chairs and umbrella rentals available on the island.
Over six miles of white sand, family oriented beaches featuring youth activities, nightlife, boardwalk, volleyball, parks, playground, beachside restaurant, surfing, fishing, water recreation, beach services, pavilions, parking lots, beach showers, life guards, boat ramp, visitors tourist center.
- Largest boardwalk in the Destin area with restaurants, nightlife, shops, ATM machine, playground area, volleyball nets, showers, restrooms, lifeguard station, fishing pier, and wheelchair access ramps.
- Okaloosa Island’s 1,261 foot fishing pier is the only fishing pier servicing the Destin area. The pier is lighted for night-time fishing and has rod holders and benches built into it.
- Beach access parks with parking lots, showers and life guard stations are available throughout the Island.
- Home of the Gulfarium, the Sea World of the Gulf Coast for family fun and aquatic entertainment.
- Okaloosa County visitor tourist center is located in the middle of the island.
- Jets ski rentals, parasailing, airplane rides, beach umbrellas and beach services available throughout the Island.
- Miniature golf center with batting cages and arcade located on the bay side of the island.
- Beasley Gulf side county park features: boardwalk, two pavilions, restrooms, refreshment stand, showers, life guard station, large parking lot, and wheel chair access ramp.
- The best body and board surfing waves for the Destin area is at the Boardwalk on Okaloosa Island. Best tide: low going high, Best swell direction: E, SE, Best size: waist- to head-high on inside days, double overhead on outside days, Best wind: N, Bottom: sand, Ability level: average to expert, Bring your: short board, long board, weather radio. Best season all, Access: Park in the Pier parking lot.
- The best snorkeling is at the west end of the island among the jetty rocks. Parking is available at the foot of the Destin bridge.
- Fly and deep sea fishing is available across the bridge, in the Destin harbor.
- Two boat ramps on the bay side of the island at Marler Park and Gulf Island National Seashore.
- Marler Park is located on the bay side of the island at the foot of the Fort Walton bridge. Boat ramp, large parking lot, restrooms, pavilions with barbeque grills, and swim area with a life guard station.
- Gulf Island National Seashore is located in the center of the island on the bay side and features a large parking, boat ramp and beach area. If you brought your windsurfing board, this is the place to park and launch.
- Coast Guard station is located on the bay side just before the Destin bridge.
- Eglin Officers Club is located on the Gulf side just before the Destin bridge. Facilities are open to military personnel only.
Destin/Sandestin/Okaloosa Island, FL:
- Destin Commons Shopping Center – with 12 movie theaters
- Silver Sands Designer Outlet Mall – largest in the Southeast
- Grand Boulevard
- Topsail Hill Preserve State Park
- Big Kahuna’s Water Park
Panama City Beach, FL: